Prayer is Key to Growing in our Faith!
A good model to pray is to remember the word ACTS. These are all important parts of prayer. Whatever you do don’t forget to take time to talk to God.
A: Adoration: Start with a time of praise and adoration of your Savior
C: Confession: Confess your sin and ask God to clean your heart
T: Thanksgiving: Spend some time thanking God for the many blessings He has given you
S: Supplication: Take time to present your requests to your God
(Pray without ceasing)
Jesus taught us how to Pray in Matthew 6:5-15 Open there and read God's instruction. (Use your own words and share what is on your heart)
1. Quiet: Find a private and quiet place to pray. Prayer is between you and God. (vs. 5-6)
2. Faith: God already knows what you need. No special words needed. (vs.7-8)
3. Adoration: Be respectful. Praise God and Jesus for who He is. They are Holy, Righteous, Majestic, Take time to thank God for who He is. (vs. 9)
4. Align: Tell God you want to follow Him and His plan and serve Him today. Ask God to show you what that is. (vs. 10)
5. Ask: Ask God to provide what you need for today. Thank Him if He has already provided in excess. (vs. 11)
6. Confess & Forgive: They go hand in hand. Ask God to forgive you for where you mess up. Forgive others who mess up and hurt you. (vs. 12 & 14-15)
7. Ask: Again ask God to help keep you and your loved ones from harm and evil. (vs. 13)