Text: Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 6:15
Topic: The Mission
Main Idea: As believers, we are called to love God, as well as honor, serve, and reach people with the gospel. When we begin to love each other as Christ loved us, this love will compel us to turn our entire world into a mission field.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s messages?
2. What do you think of when all authority is given to someone? Why do you think verse 18 is important when it comes to God’s plan.
3. Jesus tells us as we “GO” we are to make disciples. What does that look like for an everyday life in 2017? Where do you start?
4. What are some methods you have seen in making disciples? What method was used to help you become a disciple?
5. Let’s take a minute and be creative: If we were starting a church tonight and we wanted to make disciples what are some creative things we could do to reach people here in our town and county?
6. Think about Ephesians 6:15 again. One of the ways we can stand firm in our faith is being ready to bring the gospel of peace. Why do your think sharing the gospel helps us “Stand Firm” in our faith?
7. What are your feelings about baptism and how it should be done? Why do you think this is an important part of God’s mission?
8. If you had a new disciple to train what would be the most important thing you would want to teach them? Make a list of things you would want to make sure were covered.
9. How does Jesus being with us always till the end help us in the mission He has set before us?